I’ve been trying to get MPlayer installed on my server, and I finally had some success at it. So, I’ll share what I’ve learned:
The problem would seem to be some glitches in the various repositories that prevent MPlayer from compiling properly. You can have the libcaca, caca-utils, and libcaca-devel RPM’s installed, and it STILL fails to resolve the dependency.
The libcucul.so.0 dependency error was solved, in my case, by enabling the RPMFusion repos and THEN installing MPlayer via yum. I did, and managed to FINALLY get mplayer working.
I hope this helps somebody else avoid the four hours I spent researching this.